- Pick your music.
- Come up with a costume for your music.
- Do you want props?
- Start dancing and learning moves: you can take a class from me starting Sept. 17 and every Thursday for 6 weeks, or YouTube is a good place to get inspired.
- Attend classes or find a DVD of either Carmen Electra, Yanis on YouTube, Michelle L'amour or my class in San Francisco or online.
- Find spots in the music where you want to take off your clothes.
8. Practice the choreography in costume.
9. Practice taking off the pieces with choreography.
10. Adjust costumes or choreography as needed.
11. Do you need to lengthen or shorten the song? Download WavePad Sound Editor, or use the Mac software already installed and take out or add extra 8-counts.
12. Rehearse - Rehearse - Rehearse and look at yourself in the mirror!
13. Perform - Look to the back of the audience - the sides of the audience - to your lover - and up at the sky, then back again and around, and when in doubt, smile and shake it!